Wednesday, February 7, 2007

2007 Houston Marathon - Jan 14th


Its been a few weeks since i finished the houston half marathon. I think im fully recovered now. I finished the 13.1 miles in 2:38:18. Thats a new personal best for me. The first 5 miles were the toughest because my legs were just getting warmed up. Between miles 5 through 8 my pace picked up and i was feeling good. At mile marker 8, i ran into my support group (Alison, Scott, and Travis). By the turn around at mile, 9 i could feel a little soreness in my legs but i just took a few of my powergels and walked for a minute while i hydrated. After that it was just mind over matter. I had to push myself the rest of the way even though my legs were telling me otherwise. Once i got downtown near mile 12 or 13 i new i was getting close to beating my time from last year. So I pushed myself even harder. Once i had the finish line in my sites i was so relieved. As i got closer and saw my time, i could see that it was going to be very close...lets than a minute difference than last years time. So i kicked it into high gear the last quarter mile.

Official Stats:
Place: Houston Marathon
Date: January 14, 2007
Distance: 13.1 miles
Time: 2:38:18
Pace: 12:13 min/mile
Calories: 3600
Temp: 48 degrees - start, 60 degrees - end.
Humidity: 79%

No comments: