Wednesday, February 7, 2007

The New Nike Plus


I recently bought the new nike plus. If you haven't seen it or heard about it...its AWESOME. Its a chip (cost $29) that sincs up to you ipod nano. You put the chip on or in your shoe. The using your ipod nano and the nike software that downloads to you ipod, you can have live read out from your ipod of your pace, distance, time and even calories burned. Whats cool about it is at anytime while your running you can just touch your ipod and it will read out all your information. I also reads out to you every five minutes too. Also you can have your "Power Songs" set up ahead of time and with one touch of you ipod...you can switch from just your regular list of songs...to your powersongs to give you that boost. Once your done with the race, you just connect your ipod nano to your computer and it automatically uploads you run to your nike account and gives you a graphic detail of your run. I can not tell you how much this product has improved my runs, helped me keep track all my imformation and kept me going. On the nike site, you can challenge other people too. It's so cool. I was always hesitant about technology before....but his is what i call the perfect running companion. I showed a few of the runners i run with....and they were like OMG....i need one of those. All i can say is Apple and Nike have hit a homerun with this little gadget :)


Feb. 7, 2007 - 9:26 am
Place: Fitness Center
Distance: 3.65 miles
Time: 45:18
Pace: 12:24 min/mile
Calories: 590
Temperature: 68 degrees

No comments: